This would be a great ride to go on for those who may not have taken their bike off road before, or haven't done very much off-road riding.
Meet Up 9am
Kickstands Up 10am
at Latus Triumph, 870 E Berkeley St, Gladstone OR
We've rated the ride 1 Beards out of 5
There will be pavement, and there will be dirt. There will be little to no obstacles when we reach the dirt. All the roads are well maintained, lightly graveled and very manageable for all skill levels. There is one small water crossing across a stream with less than a half inch of water, nothing to be worried about.
- This ride is split into Two Parts
- BRING SNACKS AND WATER
- Please come to the starting point with a FULL gas tank
- We always recommend you plan to be gone most of the day to accommodate any unexpected delays. We ask that if you plan to take off early to wait until a designated stop so we can make sure the group stays together.
- All Paved
- Bathroom and Short Snack Break
- 40-50 minutes from Start
- 30 Miles
- 35 Miles
- Roughly 1 - 1 1/2 Hours depending upon pace of the group
- This is the section that the dirt begins, we'll ride through then return to pavement to our end point.
- End Point is a Bar & Grill for a late lunch (pay your own way), with roughly 30-40 minutes (20ish miles) drive back to Portland Area.
- We're estimating about 3 hours (including our bathroom break) from Latus to our End Point.
- Roughly 65 Miles from Latus to our End Point.
- This is a much shorter ride than our normal routes, but please give your self some buffer room in your schedule just in case of any unexpected delays.
- Part of this ride being Beginner Friendly, is the shorter Mileage/Time. If you still have energy and time after the ride we encourage you to keep riding with a friend!
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT AND THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ATTENDING A KARL'S MYSTERY RIDE
The destination/route of the ride will be revealed day of the ride at the meet up.
- There are NO PAPER DIRECTIONS, so it is very important you follow our instructions on how to stay together!
- More about this will be explained at meet up, but the idea is that if Karl tells you to stop at a corner you stay there until you see the sweep.
- This makes sure everyone stays on route, and no one gets lost. If you leave your post, chances are that everyone behind you will get lost. Not cool.
This is a GROUP event. If you don't want to accommodate the needs of the Group, this ride is not for you.
- Plan to be gone for most of the day.
- Everyone must sign a release of liability waiver before the ride, and have a valid drivers license.
- We will have a follow truck in case of emergency.
- The follow truck is not there to carry your gear.
- We encourage you to plan to be self sufficient.
- This means bringing snacks, your lunch, water, gps or a phone to make your way home afterwards. Tools specific to your bike, pain killers/ first aid kits etc.
- The end location is always in a town, we won't leave you on top of a mountain.
- Plan for the Weather.
- We all know the weather in the PNW can be unpredictable, so please bring sunscreen, layers, waterproofs and an extra pair of gloves.
- Please also be aware of how the weather will affect road conditions. Road snakes (or road tar), can become swollen and very slippery in hot weather, and very slick in wet weather. While riding on pavement in areas with debris and pot holes give the person in front of you double or even triple the space you normally would. Just in case something happens, you have the space and time to brake and stop safely without colliding with a downed bike.
We ride rain or shine.
- Your bike must be street legal and be able to keep up on highways to participate.
- Our rides are geared with Medium-Heavy weight adventure bikes in mind.
Do not pass anyone unless they give you the wave.
Last but not least, NO WHEELIES while riding in the group. If you decide to 'goof off' and endanger the safety of the others around you you will be asked to leave, and not invited back.