The first Karl's Mystery Ride Kamp!
Two days of riding, one night camping! You'll learn WHERE we're camping day of meet up, August 11th.
MEET UP: Latus Triumph, 870 E Berkeley ST, Gladstone OR
Registration: 9am Kickstands Up 10am
It is not a requirement to join both or any of the rides to join us at camp.
We've rated both rides 3.5 Beards out 5
To be very clear we'll be riding from Latus to the Campground, on pavement, to set up camp. The first dirt ride is in the afternoon, after we've all set up camp, and the second will be Sunday morning. You are not required to do any of the rides after the initial ride to base camp.
The first dirt ride is 60 miles, overall easy, but several sections have big rocks, deep ruts, sunken grade, overgrown foliage. Requires alertness and moderate skill. The second ride on Sunday is 99 miles, has small, loose gravel. There will be a break after roughly 30 miles. After the break there are 4 to 5 miles of very tight turns buried in deep, loose gravel. For this reason, this ride is not recommended for those recovering from injuries. There may also be active logging on this route, so please be attentive and prepared to stop or pull over for trucks.
Trucks, Cars and RVs (that are not our support truck) are not permitted, this is a motorcycle + tent situation only.
YOU MUST RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Camping is Complimentary for the first 40 people.
WE CAN NOT ACCOMMODATE MORE THAN 40 PEOPLE AT OUR CAMP SITE. IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE FIRST 40 TO SIGN UP AND ARRIVE DAY OF THERE WILL NOT BE SPACE FOR YOU AT THE MAIN CAMP SITE. IF YOU WOULD STILL LIKE TO ATTEND, WE WILL HAVE INFORMATION FOR AN ALTERNATIVE CAMP SITE. This alternative camp site, will not be onsite, will not be complimentary, and we can not guarantee space will be available.
THIS IS A SEPARATE SIGN UP FROM THE RIDE SIGN UP.
Details about our Camp Site
- There will be a proper bathroom, and showers.
- If you want to use the showers at the campground you'll need to bring your own towel, and soaps.
Rules and Regulations for the Camp Site.
- If you do not follow these rules, Karl and Amanda have no control if you get kicked out.
- No public out-of-control drunkenness or behavior under the influence of illegal drugs.
- (Note: Beers around the camp fire is fine, but there will be no drinking and riding, or drunk "stunts". If this happens Amanda and Karl will ask you to leave, and you will not be invited back to any Karl's Mystery Ride Events.)
- No Possession of any illegal substances or materials.
- No Public Swearing, fighting or any aggressive behavior against any camper (including family members) or staff. (This is a family place.)
- No Firearms, fireworks, or weapons of any type may be discharged within the park at any time.
- Vehicles can not protrude into the road. This makes it difficult and unsafe for others and emergency exits.
- Pets (dogs and cats) are welcome, but must be kept on a leash and under control when not in your tent. Pets may be staked to a patron's site or in a pen adequate to contain the animal as long as there is a responsible party present at all times. Should the owner need to leave the site for any reason, the pet must be returned to the tent. No pets allowed in restrooms, laundry facility, or office area. Service animals are the only exception. You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet. Your pet's mess is your mess, please clean it up immediately. Violators will be asked to leave.
- Smoking is prohibited in all public buildings. (Oregon State Law) All cigarette butts must be discarded in a suitable receptacle (Ash tray, fire pit etc.)
- Restrooms are for park residents only. Do not lock door. Please do not leave items unattended in the laundry or restroom. River Mountain RV and it's staff are not responsible for lost or stolen items. It is prohibited to hang laundry outside your RV. Do not wash or dry pet bedding in the laundry room.
- Washing of any vehicle/RV is prohibited in your site. Residents must maintain their vehicles and RV sites in a clean, safe and attractive profile. No vehicle repair is allowed in RV sites. Please do not allow any vehicle in your site to protrude into the road. Vehicles must be in good working condition and subject to managements discretion.
- Quiet time will be observed from 10:00pm to 8:30am. No loud noises, music permitted at any time. Please be considerate of your neighbors.
- Speed limit is 5 mph throughout the park at all times. Violators will be given one warning. If you do not slow down you will be asked to leave the park. Please advise guests of the speed limit rules. Park management reserves the right to enforce speed limits through the utilization of surveillance tapes.
- No signs of any kind may be displayed in the Park without the approval of the management. Solicitation, commercial activity, or on site selling of any kind is not permitted.
- Sites may not be altered in any way without the permission of the management.
- Dumpsters: Household garbage only, no outside garbage of any kind. No appliances, metals, mattresses, paints, pesticides, hazmat, furniture, or construction debris. All cardboard must be broken down. Deposit all garbage in dumpster. DO NOT pile garbage outside of dumpster.
VIOLATION of any rule or regulation may result in immediate eviction.
Check Out is 12:00pm
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT TO EXPECT
- This event is two days, one night.
- You must meet us at Latus to check in and ride to the campsite with us to camp with us. We can not accommodate people who do not check in with us at Latus Saturday Morning, and sign a waiver.
- BRING SNACKS FOR 2 DAYS, LUNCH, DINNER AND WATER.
- Please be aware there is no easy access to a grocery store or restaurants within 5 miles. The stores close by are more like stop n' go's, and a few restaurants with variable hours. Please plan to have enough food for yourself. Dinner will not be provided.
- Please come to Latus Saturday morning with a FULL gas tank.
- We recommend you plan to be gone ALL day Saturday AND Sunday. We ask that if you plan to take off early to wait till a designated stop and let Amanda or Karl know, so we can make sure the group is accounted for.
- DAY 1
- Part 1: Leaving Latus and Riding to Campground
- All Paved.
- ~99 miles, roughly 2 1/2 hours.
- Part 2: Set Up Camp
- Set up tents, eat lunch, fill up gas tanks etc.
- Part 3: The Dirt Ride
- Roughly 60 miles, Roughly 3 1/2-4 Hours
- Overall easy, but several sections have big rocks, deep ruts, sunken grade, overgrown foliage. Requires alertness and moderate skill.?
- Part 4: Camp Chill and Raffle
- Eat Dinner (not provided)
- Raffle (including a Wolfman Luggage Expedition Dry Duffel, Gear from Rev'IT, Next Adventure and Triumph)
- Part 1: Leaving Latus and Riding to Campground
- DAY 2
- Part 1: Breakfast and Pack Up Camp
- Part 2: The Dirt Ride Day 2
- Roughly 100 miles, Roughly 4 1/2-5 Hours
- There will be a planned break after about 30 miles, and roughly 2 1/2-3 hours.
- After the break there are 4 to 5 miles of very tight turns buried in deep, loose gravel.
- Part 3: Late Lunch in Town| END of Ride
- We will end in a town and find a place to have a late Lunch (pay your own way)
- It is roughly 3 to 3 1/2 hours, and 154-165 miles back to Portland from our end point.
- This the end of the ride, where we will all disperse.